Tuesday, June 26, 2018

PTSD and Time

PTSD and time



I find it difficult to manage my time. Often I find the day goes by and suddenly its time for bed again. That is not to say every day is the same, but many days are quite similar. Take for example a simple list of things that need to get done in a typical day:
  • make bed
  • make coffee
  • do laundry
  • wash floors
  • check/send emails

With PTSD my day tends to look more like this.
  • get coffee
  • look at laundry and think I should do it
  • walk across the floor to my computer
  • glance at emails and reply to important ones
  • load up an online game and start playing
  • realize its dark out and time to go back to bed

What is most odd about this reality is that everytime it happens, I am still baffled at how quickly the day passed by and how absolutely exhausted I am at the end of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment